Thread: Inuvik or Bust!
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #94
Tropic-Of-Canada OP
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 838
Some interesting buildings back in Stewart.

The windshield, so far doing it's job! I can tuck the bottom of my helmet into this spot and be almost free of wind noise!

It's a pretty long haul to Dease Lake on Hwy 37, on one section, there are some pretty big high tension electric towers going up. Might make an interesting construction delay for someone...

The Pavement on 37 north of Meziadin Junction is absolute torture on tires! Glued down jagged gravel! I'm not sure how that was a highway improvement. I would have preferred to ride the dirt that it was before!

I love these signs! I regret not taking a picture of one that listed the services..Food, gas, lodging, Helicopter.....

You start getting a sense of nothingness when they start naming culverts as geographical features on the road, and helicopters and bush ambulances are parked here and there.

That, and the odd abandoned vehicle!

Managed to ride through and get ahead of this storm!

I'm really starting to notice the longer daylight! I didn't get out of Stewart until 2:00, yet still covered about 400kms. I found a good camping spot on Dease Lake, just north of town. There was even a bit of wood left at the fire pit!

Tropic-Of-Canada screwed with this post 08-25-2013 at 11:21 AM
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote