View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #21
kelsow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,116
Hi there Bigolechalupa.

Thanks a bunch Mtl_Biker.

Got up in the am to threatening skys so I packed up fast and hit the road. The rods here in this part of QC are fantastic.
It started to rain about an hour into my trip but with little towns to pass through with scenes like this, you can't go wrong.

A V6 even,

For some reason I don't like heading out in the rain but if it starts raining while riding, I love it. The colours, smells and scenery take on a new look.

The 138 is absolutely gorgeous, even in the rain. I have ridden this stretch of road a few times and I will be back.
The ferry crossing from Tadoussac is apparently free, or at least I didn't pay anything.

My "rainsuit" and gortex liner were soaked through in about an hour. It had stopped raining but the temps were starting to climb,

I thought the first bike shop I see I'll get a new jacket. Well didn't I find a multy dealer including BMW so I picked up a jacket
which would prove to be very effective. About 1/2 hour after buying the jacket, it got up to 30 deg and sunny.

Well Tourmaster. I never liked you,

I was sultry to say the least. I made it to Quebec City with hopes of seeing some sites, but the traffic and the heat directed me
to a cheap motel for a shower. I had a very interesting conversation with the motel owner with me speaking very little French
and her even less English.
But we managed and for 80 bux a night, it fit into my budget but the amount of mirrors on the walls was a little unerving...

I happened to find something to do for the evening. Anyone recognise this building?
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is offline   Reply With Quote