View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Red KLR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Yes , it's another Trans Lab Hwy report !

I know , I know it's been done many; many times ; what could I possibly add ; however here is my story .
Let me first explain the difference between my username and my ride , while I had my KLR I loved it ; I thought I would keep it forever ; but alas it was not to be ; an opportunity arose to purchase an F800GS and the rest as they say is history .
This adventure begins in front of Sears in Moncton , NB on the morning of Aug 13th where I met my riding buddy Pat and his KLR .

We set course for North Sydney , NS where we would take the ferry for Port Aux Basques , NL . The ferry crossing took seven hours , one hour longer than normal ; for whatever reason ; BRUTAL !

Arriving in NL late at night we had a 30 minute ride to our cabin that we had reserved in Upper Ferry , riding at night in Newfoundland is not recommended due to the high moose population so we got behind a motorhome travelling at about 70-80 kph ; perfect .

We got away late in the morning , due to our late night we slept in ; our destination for the day ; Green Island Cove where we have a reservation at a B&B ; it's about 40 kms north of St Barbe where we will take the next ferry to Labrador .

On the way up the Northern Peninsula we stopped at The Arches Provincial Park .

to be continued