Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
JayhawkGSA OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasiMoto View Post
Yeah, I'm puzzling over the sunshade design. The fact that the bracket releases horizontally makes it a little harder to have a simple solution for quick and frequent removal of the tablet. If anyone comes up with straightforward DIY on this, please share.

I haven't received the bracket yet, but I think I've got the software and wiring figgered out. Otterbox not going to work on the new Nexus 7, so going with just www.nanostate.co and 4 mil ziplocks when needed. Leaving on 4K+ mile trip in early Sept, much of it off road, so this should result in a good stress test.

Have been dreaming for years of kicking Garmin out of the equation...can't wait to give it a go.
I had a lot of time to think about a sunshade design while riding this last trip. I think a simple 2 part design made of kydex will work. Basically a left and right half that overlap. Put a slot in one and a rivet in the other to hold them together but allow it to slide.

I am not completely happy with the ball mount. The bracket itself is great but the ball mounted to the crossbar makes it stick out more than needed. I am probably going to find an alternative to the ball mont but keep the tab-lock as it works great.
JayhawkGSA is offline   Reply With Quote