View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
lakota OP
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,973
Day 2 August 25 Ė Bradford PA to Sudbury ON
So we got up early and since the hotel didnít start serving breakfast until 7 we decided to start down the road and eat when we found an open diner. But first a few pictures
Motorcycles at the hotel (there were at least 30 there)

Methodist Church

The old post office

There are a lot of neat old structures in Bradford.
We headed north on Rte 219, riding in a very damp and dense fog. The temperature was about 48F. Then like magic the fog lifted and immediately it was 60. Amazing. 219 was a nice ride and when we got to Springville, we decided it was time to eat. Hereís the place

Again no food picture so use your imagination

We buy gas in Buffalo and head over the Peace Bridge. They take EZ pass on the bridge. Saved a lot of hassle with tolls. Only 5 or so cars ahead of me in the line.

Then to see Niagara Falls. Lots of changes since I was last there in 1964. We get rock star [parking with American Falls in the background (use your imagination to see it).

Then we play tourist and take pictures like everyone else.

You canít go to Canada without visiting Tim Hortonís. This one is on prime real estate.

I have always wanted to see the Welland Canal. The Welland Canal extends 42 km (26 mi) from Port Weller, Ontario, on Lake Ontario, to Port Colborne, Ontario, on Lake Erie. As a part of the St. Lawrence Seaway, this canal enables ships to ascend and descend the Niagara Escarpment and to bypass Niagara Falls.
The vistors center and museum (also the Ontario Lacross Hall of Fame is here)

View North

View South

Then we got to play in the Toronto area Sunday traffic. Thought I was back in DC. 401 was jammed and 400 didnít ease up until Barrie. From there north 400 was a good road to ride. We stopped in Coldwater for lunch at Tiffanyís.

Comfort food for the ride.

Right after leaving Coldfwater Keith decided he should don his rain gear. Good idea. It began to pour and basically for the next 250km we rode in rain. Canadian drivers heading north were not so polite to one another. The traffic going south was a solid mass of vehicles so I am happy we will take another route south. We stopped at the French River trading post for a stretch before riding the last 39 miles to Sudbury.

A Comfort Inn never looked so good. It was full so it was a good thing Keith had made reservations. And it is really good that there is twice the normal floor space as we have crap everywhere drying out.

Todayís ride 405 miles.

PS At last report Bruce and Dan were in Binghamton NY and planning on catching us tomorrow in Matagami.

IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote