View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
iBiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
I can tell you from my own experiences with General Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks there is no better treatment than a motorcycle. About 4 years ago I stumbled upon a Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 that I had to have. I know, I know you already think I am full of shit because I ride a HD. Just remember that the other 99% of Harley owners are some pretty good people. Actually I have a Suzuki DR650 as well so I get snubbed by both distinct crowds depending on which one I am riding.

Anyway back to the situation at hand. Your goal and reaching that goal is quite an accomplishment. Having anxiety gnawing at you can really be a fucking pain. I have been there brother and I live with it each day but I know for damn sure that a bike has been the single best decision I have made in a long long time. So I am here to tell you the same as many others, keep on kicking ass, fight the demons in your head with wind in your face and twist of the throttle, and enjoy what you have been missing.

Anticipating the fear of anxiety is the worst. Fight through it and you will realize you have won. I admire your courage to just say "fuck it and ride" and at the same time I know exactly how it makes you feel when you do win.

Keep on Keepin' on. Chin up, smile and grit your teeth when necessary.

I wish you all the best!
iBiker is offline   Reply With Quote