View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #39
Reaver OP
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,837
We started out this morning at 9 am and it was already hot. We hit the interstate and gradually the landscape got flatter and more turbulent. The Prairies. It's a means to an end and must be experienced at least once. This was twice for me. I got bored and tried to add excitement by locking the throttle, letting go of the bars and steering aerodynamically like a bird. Bec just backs off at this point while I wave my hands in the air. Later when more boredom set in I suddenly felt a serious burning sensation in my side. I let go of the throttle, punched my jacket and lifted up my shirt. Damn that hurt. Later I found a big red spot on my waist. Yep, must've caught a hornet or something. It ached for a half hour.

Had a serious close encounter with an SUV. The highway diverged and buddy was undecided. I was minding my own business when he sailed across into my lane. Instinct kicked in and I gassed it fully. I honestly felt like my rear case was going to get some new black paint. Bec rode upside him and . That's my girl. She had her own run in later with a cube van in a construction zone. Just another day on the road.

The high today was 37 C indicated. Even at 85 mph that's too hot.

Tomorrow, Mt Rushmore and the Devil's Tower. Our vacation begins. Less mileage, more stops. Finally some scenery.

Leaving it all behind 2014

Reaver screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 08:30 AM
Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote