View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #273
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I have looked hard at the BX, Can you tell me how the drive over deck is a headache?

I have a feeling that the backhoe will be off and on quite often, have a great deal of small-ish stumps to dig up, and a great deal of trees to clear. Thinking of a PTO chipper to do something....anything with all those trees over just burn them....so I think after a good pile gets made the backhoe will come off and the chipper will go on.

I know when pulling the deck off the 650 is a supreme bitch. Thing weighs like 300lbs and I have to use my lift to raise the front of the tractor to get it out from under it....totally sucks.

My the drive on part is no problem is it the quick shaft attachment? one more piece to fail in my opinion.

I really wanted to go green when I bought mine but the way the 23's seat swivels around was a plus and the hoe is mounted differently tight to the frame not hung on the 3 point like a lot of tractors my old neighbor had a old 8n with 3 point backhoe and it was a bear to hook up and it had broken the mounts some point in its life frame mounted or sub frame hoe is the only way to go sub frame ususlly means deck has to come off to clear frame.

Then I am in the tractor is a tool to use and any thing that makes more connections and joints is more prone to brake.

why do you need to take the deck off to use the back hoe?

my lawn is not golf course type I only take the hoe off when I need the 3 point 1-2 times a year
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote