View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #54
JOKER650 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Thought I would give ya a 6000k update.
Mostly big FSR's , some 2-track a pretty big summer pavement tour with mixed gravel and some back & forth to work on the hot summer pavement.

Some of the summer pavement was numerous K's of 140-180kph

Some of the FSR K's were 110+kph loaded for overnight & x-tra fuel.

Doing really well on the knob height, although to me this tire is now hooped(new one on order), for the wet fall riding we are going to be getting into now.
Always ran at 35psi

So it started cracking at about 2000k or so, but it did not get worse and it did not blow appart.
One ride I caught up to a Harlie and we played a little back & forth up to almost 200kph for a while.
One corner we hit about 140 or so, was fast enough for him to blow through a center paved median and 2 of the on-coming lanes to the far paved shoulder....the MOTOZ's said "Give me more"! and handled the inside pass at full throttle

It looks like a problem ...but I really don't think it is. There are no signs of the tire/knobs separating from the carcass.

THe front...still has alot of rubber left but is doing the strange BIG BIKE wear pattern
Always ran at 35psi

No one minds me posting pictures right.....RIGHT !!

I do like the tire and have ordered another rear.
As for the front ...not sure on that yet. It seemed a little washy in the dry dirt but for my riding it wasn't too bad, I could live with it

Sorry for all the pics !!

================================================== ====

Here is a comparison from when we first mounted the tires on an SE and ADV.

First the SE on stock rim.

And the ADV on stock rim.

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote