View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
DRRambler OP
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 819
Day 3 In the Groove

Day 3 Bonners Ferry to Ukhia Dale State Park 574.8km 8.4 hours

Left Bonners Ferry at 8:00 am and just made miles today. Stopped twice for photos and 3 times for fuel.

I decided to ride past Pendleton because there was still plenty of light and perfect riding weather. I came across a great little stretch of road called Battle Mountain Pass. It was a fantastic twisty way to end the day.

I Camped in a quiet little park with 3 other bikers in the campground.

Kevin was riding his brand new Victory around the North West for a month. I was staring longingly at the nice comfy saddle his bike has. There was also a fellow from Portland and his friend, both just on a two day ride. Then there was Carl, the campground host who was also a rider. His Harley has 100,000km on it. He pulls a 300 pound (empty) trailer and has his wife as passenger most of the time. He says this is his 5th HD. He thinks I’m crazy riding the DR to Argentina and tells me I should ditch my tent and just sleep on the ground under a tarp! I’m getting all kinds of reactions when I tell folks where I’m going. It’s great when people look shocked and say, “oh, you don’t want to go there, it’s dangerous!”
Tomorrow Alturas.
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote