View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #920
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,121
Have had the tool for a couple of months, and finally got to use it last week. Two new Shinko 244's with tubes on my XT225, and a flat tube replacement on my W650.

With lube and tires irons, removal was the usual PIA, same for breaking the beads. Had to put a piece of board on the tire and run over it with my car to break the bead.

Installation was a breeze though, much easier than usual. The W rear tire had a really stiff sidewall, but pushing the opposite side down into the rim allowed the tool to do its work very nicely.

I worked on 2 pieces of 2x6 to protect the front disc and rear sprocket, this also allowed the tool to drop all the way down. The design of the tool pretty much eliminates pinching a tube. Once I got one side back on, I inserted the tube, partially inflated it, and bounced the whole wheel/tire assembly on the ground a number of times to loosen any tube folds, I do the same when both sides are on before full inflation.

When I first bought the tool I agonized a little over the price, but I'm now convinced it was money well spent. In my mid 60's, this gives me the extra edge I need to keep doing my own tire changes.

Speedo66 screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 05:20 AM
Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote