View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #174
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,728
Avoiding Carbs?!

If I read that right you sound like your avoiding Carbohydrates correct? You sound like the amature bodybuilder I work with who knows only of the cover of any nutrition book

I would like to go back to the 1960's and punch Robert Atkins in the face. Your body NEEDS sugar (carbohydrates) to function. Nothing works without it. When you don't eat sugar your body turns protein into glucose (sugar) through a process called Gluconeogenesis. Its not really efficient and your body doesn't like it. Also it finds that protein from what you eat...or other places

Your body also turns fat into sugar. It splits it down into each part, one glycerol and three fatty acid chains. Then these are stored in a fat cell and then used later. All of this has to be done before the body can get any fuel out of fat or protein. Carbohydrates on the other hand are taken straight into the blood stream at the very moment the stomach empties into the intestines.

More food for thought, no pun intended. Your brain can't function on anything but sugar. Also, a lot of it. The howler monkey is about three times the size of a capuchain monkey. You know one of those small black and white carnival monkey's, that thing eats more than a howler monkey because of its larger brain size even though its less than half a howler monkey's size. You can't think when you don't eat, this is why students feel drained after studying hard or a tough test.

Eat carbohydrates. Eat them often and a lot. Your body will work better, think smarter, and let you exercise harder before bonking.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is offline   Reply With Quote