View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #66
340hp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
This one was produced by my friend Henry Larrucea

Signal Hill, The Movie from Henry Larrucea on Vimeo.
It's been years since I last saw clips from that competition, and it's great to see it resurface again.

Hill Street is built up quite a bit more these days and illegal for skateboards, but bicyclists still attack it (with a segment on Strava to document the "Skyline Bomb"). Stopping at Temple's stop sign at the bottom today can be problematic with minimal run-off area, compared to the old day's when you could bleed off speed all the way to Redondo.

I noticed the City or Caltrans also fixed most of the fence access near the 22/405 so the dirt's not as accessible.

For those that care, LB Parks & Rec is still trying to determine what to do with the vacant land at El Dorado South under the power lines (the coyote hunting grounds south of Willow to the bridge & bordering the 605). I mentioned a BMX or combined Endurocross/BMX feature would be a welcome addition (and received a cold stare response from the Soccer Coaches). The reaction was similar to the attitude received when skate park areas were first proposed (not in the LBC, no need to attract the riff-raff, too dangerous). Talk to your City Councilman & Parks Rep to plant the seed for a legal dirt play area.
340hp is offline   Reply With Quote