Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #160
ManLee OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Day 20 Last Day

Day 20 July 10, 2013
Ashcroft, BC to Orting, WA
324 Miles

Last day of the ride. We're treated to bacon and eggs for breakfast and we say our good byes to my aunt and uncle.

The ride down the Thomson and Fraser rivers is very scenic but we fought a stiff headwind the whole way

Stopped at hells gate for a look see. Didn't ride the tram though.

Fellow rider had this sticker. Nice

After we crossed the border we took Highway 9 until Sedro Wooley then we bit the bullet and hit Interstate 5 for the final push south. Funny how for the whole trip 60-65 seemed about as fast as you wanted to go with theses bike fully loaded. That changed once you're on the interstate and everyone is doing 70-80. 75mph seems fine. Seattle at rush hour sucked. It took almost an hour to go from northgate to downtown.

I followed Dean to his house in Federal Way so we could celebrate with a couple of cold ones.

Come on Dean we made it!

He rallied.

Once back home in Orting its nice to see Mt Rainier. I didn't notice the banner until now. I doubt many of the participants really know what a "BIG O RIDE" is.

My wife is at the ready to take a picture of my triumphant return.

6205 miles and I felt ready for 6000 more. That feeling went away after a couple of days as I adjusted back to home and work.
Note the top speed. I'm not ashamed to admit that was down hill.

That's all folks. Thanks for hanging in there with me. This was my first adventure ride and my first ride report. Cant wait to do it all again. Idaho, Utah,Arizona and Baja, they're all on my to do list.
ManLee is offline   Reply With Quote