View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #68
Reaver OP
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,835
The Camel Tank is HERE!

OK, my fueling issues in the US were driving me nuts. Timing is everything and it seems the stars aligned for me. I arrived in Calgary tonight and contacted Cory, AKA Oso Blanco, the man behind the Camel auxiliary fuel tank and he said "Come on over".

The first customer received free installation by the Chief Designer and President at the Company's Headquarters.

Installation took about an hour. Cory knew exactly what he's doing but we were busy shooting the bull so I'm guessing an hour for a normal install by an average Joe. I wanted to install it myself, as did he for my feedback but I'd travelled 750 kms today and had gotten rain and 12 C temps with no sleep the last night. I was beat. Someone else will have to do the thread in the Parallel Universe but Cory says the instructions are very detailed and precise so it may not be necessary. It even has a "Tools Required" but doesn't include them like Ikea. You can view them on his website Cameltank.com. It's installed and filled so I'll tell you how it functions as I continue on.

With this diversion into Calgary, my Ride Report is further delayed. I'll catch up ASAP. For now, we got the last room in town (Cochrane) after riding in the dark in Deer and Elk country. Calgary prices on rooms is nuts and Bec said the room we initially had was soooo disgusting she wouldn't sleep in it. It was a well known chain.

Thank you so much Cory! Now low fuel is Bec's problem...........

P.S....while we installed the tank, Bec did some surprise visits to the local stores there she oversees. Work work work.

Leaving it all behind 2014

Reaver screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 09:04 AM
Reaver is online now   Reply With Quote