View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #361
Doogle OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
8-29-13

I do think about Sasha, Stas,and Andrea a lot. Skype attempts were only seconds long before breaking up.I will make better attempts at talking with them when I get home and have more time. They were exceptional people for me.

Here's a picture of Hatters Hostel I stayed in.

Today I rode a train from Liverpool to Holyhead, Wales-about 2 hours. The train stopped a 3 minutes walk to the Stena Lines ferry. The 31 ferry ticket takes me to Dublin in 3 hours where airfare is cheaper. Tomorrow at 1125 I fly home for 2 weeks. When the bike arrives in Norfolk, I'll go there and ride it home.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the ride. Hope it inspires at least 1 person to try it. I told my wife I need some down time to digest what all I've seen and done. I'll probably post an overall thoughts on my trip after I've been home a few days. I think after stopping in the Netherlands and visiting with my newly acquired family, everything else was anticlimactic. Plus I was tired. I still saw things and had a good time. But it was like going to the Smithsonian Museum or 2 days. After 4-5 hours, you walk past things and barely glance at them. I knew it was time to go home. MY WIFE TOLD ME IT WAS TIME.

Doogle screwed with this post 08-31-2013 at 04:48 PM
Doogle is online now   Reply With Quote