View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #79
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,950
You didn't give me time to congratulate you on the new bike before giving condolences for the crash. You're quick! At least it doesn't look like any serious damage was done to the important parts, so it should be good as new after repairs. Good call wearing the gear.

Sorry to hear you haven't had time to get the tires broken in to really appreciate them. I have the same Pirelli Scorpions on my Aprilia Dorsoduro, and find them to be brilliant on tarmac. For an adventure bike in the Bay Area, they are the perfect balance.

I suppose you'll be looking for some good adventure spots soon. When you get a free weekend, head through Gilroy over Pacheco Pass (careful of the wind gusts) to the Sierra and check out some of the mountain passes. You can camp on the other side, and ride back Sunday. There are a lot of forest roads on the west Sierra, and wide open spaces on the east. If you like to fish, its time to invest in a hikers fishing pole that packs small. PM me, and I'll show you around Sonora Pass.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote