View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #78
Camel ADV
aka Oso Blanco

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
OK, my fueling issues in the US were driving me nuts. Timing is everything and it seems the stars aligned for me. I arrived in Calgary tonight and contacted Cory, AKA Oso Blanco, the man behind the Camel auxiliary fuel tank and he said "Come on over".

Installation took about an hour. Cory knew exactly what he's doing but we were busy shooting the bull so I'm guessing an hour for a normal install by an average Joe. I wanted to install it myself, as did he for my feedback but I'd travelled 750 kms today and had gotten rain and 12 C temps with no sleep last night. I was beat. Someone else will have to do the thread in the Parallel Universe but Cory says the instructions are very detailed and precise so it may not be necessary. You can view them on his website Cameltank.com. It's installed and filled so I'll tell you how it functions as I continue on.

With this diversion into Calgary, my Ride Report is further delayed. I'll catch up ASAP. For now, we got the last room in town (Cochrane) after riding inn the dark in Deer and Elk country. Calgary prices on rooms is nuts and Bec said the room we initially had was soooo disgusting she wouldn't sleep in it. It was a well known chain.

Thank you so much Cory! Now low fuel is Bec's problem...........
Glad I could get you set-up with a tank. Always good to meet customers in person. Enjoy the extra range on you trip

Proud member of Team Canada for the 2014 BMW GS Trophy

AT-BZ-CA-CN-CO-CR-CZ-CH-FR-DE-GB-GT-HN-IE-JP-KZ-KR-LI-LU-MX-NL-NI-PL-RU-SV-UA-US
Camel ADV is offline   Reply With Quote