Thread: ABS off road??
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #86
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
The KTM was easier to turn off and frankly, I didn’t really try to see how good the ABS was. The bike is so much fun and capable that I was to busy grinning (with the ABS off)
Off pavement that's the best way. If you had tried it with the ABS on, not as fun for those times when it comes on. But still better than the BMW singles, one of which I used to have.

A way to look at the problem with the KTM off sequence is that when doing mixed surface riding, people are in effect encouraged to leave it off the whole time (including the pavement sections) so as not to have to stop to turn it off for the dirt sections. If it had an easy on/off switch this would result in the ABS being used MORE since you could more easily just turn it off for those sections where you wanted it off, and then put it back on when you got out to the road.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote