View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #1664
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Destination was Barichara which we never made due a to a slight navigational error.

We did however have a beautiful ride before ending up nowhere close to where we supposed to be.

A small town on the top of a cliff face, Mrs.Garmin shows a road down to Jordan, so the Los Santos to Jordan road I imagine would be doable on a DRZ400 or smaller with no house and contents as there is only a swingbridge at the bottom, the road goes down this part of the face.

Staying there the night we decided our game plan to backtrack a little and head down through Jordan the following day

The town surrounded by trees

In the morning we went for a short walk up through farmlands and back roads as we had no rush.

We left late morning .... that is when the fun started
Hey Andi!

Wifey and I found a place similar to this (Los Santos) in northern Peru where we plan to settle and open a Hostel to go with my 'Around the Block Moto Adventures' business. Don't miss it on your way down thru. It is 3 little towns strung together called 'Limon', 'Granadilla', and 'Lucuma'. It is on the climb from Balsas to Celendin. 3,000 mts, but a microclimate in the clouds where bananas and cactus grow side by side!

What way are you crossing Ecuador/Peru?

Mid-Peru about mid-October?

Cheers mate! Great RR's!

Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote