View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 374
Hey guys it is getting close to the 1000 and RFTW is in high gear. We have just got Colin Edwards on with us!! Yep the Texas Tornado is backing RFTW, and will be auctioning a original signed drawing with all proceeds going to RFTW. He is also donating a 4 day slot to his riding school. We are not sure what we are going to do with it now. We might raffle it off in the hope that we make enough to get the guys in a truck for the 1000, or we might just put a wounded guy into the slot. If you have any ideas on a raffle our think it is a good idea please let me know.

We also have some great news, we will be having two wounded Marines riding with us this year!! 1SG Nick Hamm who is still active, and Jesse Williamson a double below the knee amputee. We are working on trying to setup a shifter for him now. If you know anyone that could help with this please let me know. John is prepping the bike this year so it is in Az. I hope he starts putting some pics of it up soon.

Nick and Jesse will be with us at the offroad expo in Ca. the 5th and 6th of Oct. if you are in the area stop by and meet them. We will be with KC Highlights.

We are also working with Engage Offroad to get two guys in a truck for the full race. I hope that if we do it is a better experience then Frog had!

We are now a non profit so if you know any companies that might want to help with sponsorship please send them our way. We will need every bit to get the guys into the truck.

Thanks,
Brett
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote