View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #26
Ace_Cafe_Rat
Rogue Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
Hi Folks,

I've been searching the net for parts/methods in my endeavor to hang a Dnepr on my '78 R80/7. I came across Perry's Sidecars in Ft. Worth, TX.
I called him about modded triple trees, but he told me he sells an entire mounting kit including the trees for a very reasonable price. He sounded like a very knowledgeable gent and a nice guy to boot.

I asked about a subframe and he was very adamant that his system does away for the need for one. That's contrary to everything I've heard elsewhere. He tried to explain it to me, but I can't quite envision it and he doesn't have detail pics on his site.

Has anyone out there used Perry's kit to hang a chair on their /6 or /7 airhead? Is it stiff enough with no subframe? How was the rest of it- triple trees, etc?

I'd rather fork over the dough to Mr. Perry than be cutting up and welding mill steel in my basement, not to mention engineering it all from scratch.

Any comments are appreciated. Photos of a Perry system would be great!

Jim
Hi Jim,

Perry built a rig for me in 2008 using my 1977 R100/7 and a Ural sidecar he obtained for me. It was a down-to-the-nuts-n-bolts rebuild and the resulting rig was a work of art in both form and function. Go with his triple trees for sure they work as advertised.

Ace Cafe Rat

Hoban "Wash" Washburne - Firefly & Serenity
Ace_Cafe_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote