View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #289
Hondarider OP
Hero of the Stupid

Oddometer: 613
Dawn broke bright and sunny on Day 6 and it was time to start our journey home. This is usually the time when my homing instinct kicks into high gear and I can focus on nothing more than getting home as quickly as possible...no side trips...no photo ops...no breaks...just straight home via the fastest roads available. It's almost involuntary...I can't help it...once the trip is over, I just want to be home.

Knowing this about myself, I tried to plan a couple must-see destinations along the way...just to keep the adventure going a bit longer. I perused the map and settled on some destinations that I was sure Mike had never experienced...Mount Rushmore, Wall Drug, and the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota. Epic.

Mike and I were packed up and ready to hit the road before the Misty MOuntain Lodge had even seen the first rays of sunshine. We were headed east out of the mountains and then north into Wyoming.

MIke was ready to rock...

Is that a hot tub in the background? I missed that.

Misty Mountain LOdge has plenty of grills for guests to use and a nice fire pit for chilling after a long day of riding. I highly recommend this place. Its a little rustic, but the family that runs it is nice and it was clean.

Hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote