View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #368
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
So another relative noob here with what some may consider a question with a rather obvious answer. (Obvious to everyone but me).

Is it kosher to come to this event with the expectation of doing just road rides or really basic off road stuff? (ie gentle logging roads)

I'd be on a KLR650, but I do not have off road riding gear and my off road riding skills are nowhere near adequate for what people seem to be talking about for the planned technical loop.

I ask this question because I'm wondering if the "CroMag" moniker might have something to do with the expected primitive riding conditions. And that evolved (ie soft) riders like me might not fit in.

I can say however that my technical drinking craft-brewed beer around a campfire skills are top notch.
You will fit right in....

Don't stress the rides - everyone does their own thing, there are no organized rides as such. If all you want to do is ride the road, I'm sure you'll find a group to ride with. There are a number of different groups -GuymanBRO's group is just one of them (and he's nuts anwyay ).

Come along, you'll have a blast
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote