Thread: Iowa Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #4712
scooter noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
I spent the past few days getting in the last of my parts before the Colorado trip. I put the new carb floats and needles in only to find . . . that the carb inlet connections were leaking. There are three O-rings on each inlet . . . . Three gold-plated O-rings. The only way you can get them is by ordering the carb rebuild kit for oh, say about $270.

But, my butt was saved by a guy online who identified some O-rings in a kit at Advance Auto that somewhat work, and Doug at MotoSports, who pulled out his "spare" O-ring box and found some bizarre O-rings that worked perfectly. We did a little "mix and match" to make everything work again.

We now think that my carb is working thanks to advice from this forum re: rare Viton O-rings, and some O-rings from a 520 O-ring chain link. Thank you ADV Rider & MotoSports! My trip to Colorado is saved. ADV, Doug, Ron & Justine rule!
I wholeheartedly agree. I thank this site, YOU for towing my sick bike, and all the other fine people's advice here...as well as the gang at Motosports!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BMW MOA# 192310
scooter noob is offline   Reply With Quote