View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #47
bones_708
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Well shit, isn't that exactly what this sub-forum is for?

I'm a dirt rider, I fall down all the time, maybe I get banged up a little. When this happened with my wife, I was riding with a bruised thigh from crashing in a rock garden a couple of days before. On the ORV trails in the same State forest that we were trying to take the dirt road through.

The difference is that it seems like every time my wife falls down, she gets an injury that calls for medical attention. For this one she's had an x-ray, an MRI and has been in physical therapy twice a week. She's just now (8 weeks later) taking a few steps without a cane and before that she was on first two crutches and then one. The last time she fell down in dirt (last year) she broke ribs. Unfortunately maybe she needs to stay on pavement. That would be unfortunate as what we have going for us around here are great dirt roads.
Maybe she needs better gear? What she wears maybe fine for most but some people just get hurt easier. If a little slide like that busted me up that bad on a regular basis I might not want to ride either. Maybe step up the protection a bit so if she does have a incident it might not be so bad and the added protection may make her feel better about riding more? I do think you might want to swap leading with her a bit more. As is she like many is probably thinking more about keeping up and what you are doing than what she is doing. Heck you stopping may have gotten her fixated on getting to where you stopped rather than how she would make the turn.
bones_708 is offline   Reply With Quote