View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #74
viverrid OP
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
The intercom sounds like a VERY god idea. You can point out road debris , tell where you're going or tell what you're doing and why , while you're doing it. Not to mention critiqueing.
I don't think it's a bad idea and we have considered one but never gotten around to doing it. OTOH, I don't go riding to talk while I'm doing it!

I don't think it would have made any difference here. It's not that she didn't know I was turning, she saw me turn. If she had done what I did, brake more on the pavement and then turn, she would have completed the maneuver the same as I did. Instead she crossed onto the dirt while still in the midst of braking. It's not like I could possibly anticipate everything another rider could possibly do wrong and tell them not to before they do it.

As for critiquing, I dunno, aren't I not supposed to try to "teach her to ride"?
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote