View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #76
viverrid OP
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
....would be thankful for a wife who actually likes to ride (mine doesn't want anything to do with being on a motorcycle).
She also likes to ride as passenger but wants her own bike too.

She's said she sometime learns more by riding as passenger, sort of learn by example/observation rather than being given instructions. Things she's said after riding as passenger behind me:

After riding through town and going around a city block: "I can't believe you can make such square turns!" Helped her to realize what's possible.

After riding on some high speed sweepers: "I can't believe how little effort it takes you to get the bike to turn!" Reviewed countersteering and peg weighting.

After demonstration of high performance acceleration after finding us first vehicle at a traffic light with a 55 mph section ahead of us: "I can't believe how fast you shifted, did you skip some gears or something?" Again, showing what's possible.

If newbs just ride by themselves, well seat time is good, but sometimes they don't realize what they could be doing differently/better. It's like the pilots' saying along the lines of "he doesn't have 1,000 hrs. of experience, he just has the same hour 1,000 times".
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote