View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #1557
ericGSsti
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
That is one sharp lid. I've never had an offroad/enduro style helmet, but have been thinking might be time to add one to the arsenal. Been using modulars (glasses wearer) for high-speed touring for years; I'd think this style lid would try to rip your head off at highway speeds? What's the noise level like at highway speed? Seems kinda tough to pick a helmet for a long tour that includes both paved and unpaved riding...
I find it good with the current set up but have been wear Arai tour x helmets for almost 5 years with different bikes and it has been good and bad. With R1150GS it was bad but the addition of a touratek screen extension help a lot. On my 00 Africa twin with standard screen it was good but on the 99 Africa twin with touring screen it hit me right in the helmet so had to switch back to standard screen.

It really is down to the air flow and how tall or short you are.

I've worn it on a street bike and nearly had it snap my neck when turning your head.
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -
ericGSsti is offline   Reply With Quote