View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #19
trail90man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
[QUOTE=wyobohunter;22225098]I'll probably sell my WRR (jury still out). I should be able to ride it on the highway in hot weather without it running too hot like the WRR does.

This was a big deal for me also. I have had an F800GS for 3 seasons and 19,000 miles now. Just got back from an 8 day trip across Beartooth pass through the Utah Salt Flats, across Death Valley, up the Pacific coast a ways and back to North Dakota again through Glacier National Park. The highest temp I measured was 106 F. It is a relief to be flying across the desert at 85 MPH and the only thing you are worried about keeping cool is yourself.

Things I wish I had known before I got the bike farkled to the way I like; Windshields are a tough thing to get right on this bike, I deal with a lot of wind and side winds are a neck twister. Madstad makes makes a good windshield system that gives real protection. TKC 80 tires are great on and off road but short lived, Heated vests are a necessary item if you want to go from 90 F to driving through snow on a trip (like Beartooth Pass), A steering damper does wonders for handling on gravel roads, Raise the handlebars until you can comfortably stand and ride ( my secret to 600 plus mile days), One extra tooth on the front sprocket puts the bike in a much happier rpm for super slabs (does affect low gear but the people that take these bikes up rock washes are crazy anyway), and don't take what the yahoos on this forum (including my advice) say to seriously!
trail90man is offline   Reply With Quote