View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #1167
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
When I went to the BMW dealer in Miami......they didn't tell me anything.
Because no one would talk to me. At all. Not a greeting. No "can I help you"

Nothing. Not even after I sat on a new GS.

So I left.
Nice looking store tho.
I had a similar experience at Team Triumph here in Wisconsin a few years ago. It was late summer on a Friday afternoon. I was really interested in the new Tiger 800 and I heard they were very willing to give test rides. So I showed up with my gear.

Walked into the showroom and there were no other customers, just a woman doing some paperwork behind the counter. She didn't say anything when I walked in, which I thought was a little odd, but whatever...

I looked around at gear and bikes until I came to the 800. Looked it over in detail, got on t see how it felt, etc. it became obvious that the woman behind the counter was purposefully ignoring me. So I decided to see how long it would take before she would say anything. I continued to look at the bike, get on & off, etc. for 45 minutes. That's as long as I could take it as it ceased to be amusing. I left, and walked by the counter on my way out as she very seriously kept her head down & shuffled papers. I actually wondered if I had walked in while they were closed, I looked but didn't see any hours posted as I left. If I was seriously considering buying the bike I would have said something to her. Weird encounter to say the least.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote