View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #1169
Salzig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
How many miles do you expect from your cars / engines?

We've had a number of different makes and models (some American, some Japanese) that seem to have a good chance of making it 350,000 miles, some 500,000 miles, on the original engine.

I don't know what Italy's standards and laws are, but in places like Japan it really doesn't matter - they aren't allowed to keep their cars and trucks to too high of mileages anyway, so I'm sure they do longer oil change intervals as well.
In Italy there are no laws about mileage limits for cars and trucks. AFAIK neither in other European countries.
My car has a Fiat engine (no kidding). The same 2.0 liters, direct injected, turbodiesel, Multijetģ unit equipped on many Fiat, AlfaRomeo, Lancia cars, and on many Fiat and CitroŽn commercial vans (CitroŽn is a french brand, I don't know if it's known in the USA).
Some versions have up to 170 HP, mine has 135 HP.
Commercial vans normally reach the mileage you said, I believe a car can too.

At my actual mileage per year in the cage, I will reach 350,000 miles approximatively in 2080, so I'm not much worried

"A donkey! A donkey! My kingdom for a donkey!"
Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote