View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
Evil-Lucian OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Bernkastel

After one week on the bike I still wasn’t finished. There was still one more stop to make. I was scheduled to rendezvous with my coworkers at the Middle Mosel Wine Fest in Bernkastel Germany. While Bernkastel isn’t the biggest festival. You’ll be hard pressed to find a better festival in Europe. Last year my coworkers and I had camped there and it was a good old time. So this year it was up to me to reserve a spot for us all to meet again this year. I showed up early on Saturday morning and reserved us all a spot.

Bernkastel, the swans like to party.

What makes Bernkastel so awesome is the firework display on the last Saturday of the festival. Bernkastel is a small picturesque village on the Mosel river in Midwestern Germany. There is a small ruined castle on the hill over looking the village. During wine fest there is a mock battle between an attacking force on the river and defenders at the castle. This battle is played out with fireworks and thousands of people come out to watch. After the fireworks people go across the river to sample wines from vendors from the Mosel wine region. This year did not disappoint.

Evil-Lucian screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 02:04 AM
Evil-Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote