Thread: Studs
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
I have heard for other sources that aerostitch studs don't stay in place as well

as far as pushin it, when riding in blizzard conditions or other "only lunatics are on the road conditions" , I find myself catching up with what ever is in front of me, then waiting for them to pull off, so I can speed up again, the car tire in back was an experiment that was successful beyond my wildest expectations and its not even studded, just a regular old winter tire

what tires are you studding ? I had good luck with the Karoo T, which I'll probably use again, knobs are deep enuf for a 10mm stud
I've studded the Heidenau K37, Duro 207, and the Kenda 335. Unfortunately there are no automotive winter tires that will fit a Ural, though the k37 is also available in a winter traction compound they call "snowtex".

When I say "pushing it" I mean nonsense such as drifting, full throttle power slides, doing doughnuts, steep climbs over rocks and deadfalls when off pavement, and riding snowmobile trails, which are all tough on studs.

If you look close, you can see aerostich studs in a Duro 307 on the spare tire. I usually save it just for bad conditions such as solid ice, or fresh snow over compact snow or ice.

windmill screwed with this post 09-02-2013 at 10:24 PM
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote