View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #105
dhubbard422
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcycle View Post
Well looks like there a be a total of 6 Venues next year.... 12 days
So anyone who wants to go, they are now looking at another weekend for that best of 7 now
Caaaa Ching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow... I've never heard that the NATC has any idea of who will really host a Nat'l until the annual meeting is actually underway. Even then (and I have attended this meeting a couple of times) I've heard it referred to as "Liar's Poker"... i.e. the "chairman" asks each club rep: "last year you said your club would (or might) host, so how is this year looking?"

Maybe the leadership is changing, or has changed, how the process works. I haven't attended in several years as I have a conflict with a charity trials that I host on the same weekend. However, when I have attended, clubs that want to host a Nat'l show up at the meeting and offer to host (or mumble something about maybe next year). It can be pretty random who shows up and wants to host an event for the coming season. The annual meeting is still almost 2 months away.

6 clubs willing to host would be a positive step IMO. Only a few years ago it was tough to find 3 or 4 that were willing to host and it wasn't always easy or possible to make the schedules work for those that were willing.

dhubbard422 screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 01:23 PM
dhubbard422 is offline   Reply With Quote