View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #64
cameron110 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
I was in the shop today and I made some progress, the mongrel now looks like this

I mentioned a few posts ago a small hiccup while installing the cam carrier. I am using the updated carrier which uses hex bolt and the bolts contacted the back of the timing chain sprocket. I little time on the grinder and the problem as resolved.

and here is the photo I promised of the step at the base of the spigot behind the o-ring groove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Ummn, yeah. That step winds up in the pile of chips when you turn the spigot to fit the 97mm openings in the /5 block.
If you've been following the build you know I didn't turn my jugs so I ended up having to account for that step when having the portals enlarged to 99mm

I forgot the camera again today so you all have to suffer the crummy cell phone pics above. The upshot is that I forgot the photo below was on my phone from last week.

I did this on the PD on the way back from Asheville, it is a pretty good prelude to this winters project,

Time for a midlife refresh

cameron110 screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 06:32 PM
cameron110 is offline   Reply With Quote