View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #620
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,626
Aarrff's 2-upper ride: Well, Notta ride actually but....fun it will be:

On Saturday meet at the Stage/Bandshell unpromptly at 9:45ish for a pre-ride meeting. This'un is geared for 2-ups, old farts, hungovers, newbys, and the low T crowd. So a moderate pace, could be some simple gravel, fun pavements, lots of photo and pee ops, lunch that you can purchase or bring your own sammich, bring water and be gassed, gas up your bike too. We'll try to roll about 10ish and be back about 3-4ish depending on if'n we get lost, etc.

A PM would be nice so I can get a feel of how many are going in case I need to recruit a sweeper, etc.

Doing a shorter version same thing same deal Friday am for those interested at 10:30ish.....be back 3-4ish

A note on the subject of gravel. While I think street tires are fine on my rides, mtngal and I ride a large dual sport and I have not mounted winter knobbies yet. We will be spending about 30 percent of our time on gravel and it is not what I consider technical but just ordinary gravel road and we are not in any rush. One section, if the weather is clear, climbs to over 4000 ft elevations so we will discuss this at a pre-ride meeting. If you or your bike are not Ok with gravel, you may want to consider a street only ride. From looking at the planned rides, there is not much set up so far that does not have some gravel. If you want routes that are fun with no gravel, PM me and I will be glad to help you plan that....

Ed

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 05:48 AM
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote