View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Idahosam OP
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,101
Idahosam trippin East and south

Hi'ya ADV community . Well not sure where this should go, but hell figured this is good a place as any.

This is going to be a sorta pictorial ride with no plan route and only knowing where I'll end up in the short run, my sisters house in Texas (that's the excuse to go that way) My goal is to take as many back roads as possible while looking for interesting places of interest along the way, and some not so interesting as long as it is photogenic

This started out as my sitting around the house (healing) knowing I need to go see my sister and her kids, it appears I have new additions to the family that need spoiling (great nieces/nephew) So I thought to myself ... and thought some more Hey, I should just ride over there lollygagging all the way "That's the Ticket!" but hey I've never really done the east much,how can I protract this, I could leave my bike at my sisters fly home, come back when it's freezing and gloomy up here and keep riding east southeast that is. maybe New Orleans, gulf coast, Key West; all on very thin black lined roads that I can find. Then maybe up the east coast I am just going to ride. Maybe see if I can find a couple of old Army buddies along the way

So the ride humm what to ride, east is mostly paved some dirt roads well I have just the right bike............ "Bagheera" my 06 Tiger.

All loaded and ready, looks be be prevailing skies, but hay it's the west it can change in a snap .

Well I am Packed and ready and the only thing I can promise on this ride is inconstancy and lots of pictures.

Put Moya the 990 away and saving the DRZ for a winter trip to Copper Canyon

Heading out Thursday Morning towards Wyoming/Utah

Have Camera will travel

So I'll just surprise you and myself as I travel east.

Hope to see you out there

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote