View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
Rainmaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Racing is a pretty though business. I have known Alex Job for over 20 years and last year I worked as a wrench at the petit le mans for the Lotus Evora. The amount of money and effort that is required to support a car in one of these series is incredible (well over a million dollars). Not enough money was available this year and you don't see it anymore.

That weekend I remember seeing Patrick Dempsey as their trailer rig was a trailer down from ours and saw him interacting with his crew and ours and he came across as just another guy that likes to race. Probably better looking and with a bit more money and fame than most of us but just another guy.

I've met most of the "pro" road racing drivers of the last 20-30 years and at the track most of them are friendly and not just "Prima Donnas". Those you can spot a mile away and are easily avoided.

The hospitality tent for drivers and crews alone is worth "working" one of these week ends. Best food ever!!!!

Rainmaster is offline   Reply With Quote