View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #82
DRRambler OP
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 838
Day 14 Becoming a Caboholic

Day 14 Cabo San Lucas No mileage, no sore butt

There has been a tropical storm warning for southern Baja that I have been watching closely. Since these things are unpredictable and Iím riding a motorbike, I decided to stay at least 1 more night at Los Milagros in Cabo. Itís a nice place actually and would recommend it but too expensive for me on this trip. Despite that Iím staying here.

Today I walked around quite a bit, checking out the marina and some of the tourist zone. I canít count how many $20 dollar massages Iíve been offered. Not to mention Cuban cigars and jewelry for my wife. Note I have not taken any one of them up on their offers.

Itís pretty windy but the rain is light down by the water. It must be raining harder up in the city because the roads down here are full of water flowing into the ocean.
Dark and windy tourista zone

My friend Cindi has been to Cabo a few times so I sent her a message gloating that I was here. She responded by checking with her network of Caboholics to find a cheap place for me if I need it tomorrow. The end result of many messages and a short walk to check a place out is wonderful. A member of the Caboholics Facebook page has offered to cover the cost of a hotel a few blocks from here. So tomorrow regardless of the weather Iím staying another night in Cabo. Generous people are everywhere! Thanks Cindi, John & Maddie.
My new windshield sticker, not so professionally installed.

Tomorrow another day in Cabo
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote