View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #1932
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBusa View Post
Is it abandoned? Been reading for about 8 hours solid and it feels like there is still some unfinished business
You are absolutely correct, Michael. There's unfinished business. Unfortunately a moderator requested I stopped posting updates on this thread, as the 'official' ride was over, so it ends with abrupt lackluster. Shame, too, because there's been some pretty epic shit I would have liked to share--NY with people I couldn't name or post pictures of, lots of great things with the good people at Ducati, MotoGP, track day insanity, another 5,000 rambling miles on the Pani and of course, lots of confusion, despair, awe, revelation, hope and hopelessness. I've continued living out of a backpack for the most part, bouncing restlessly around the west coast while the consequences of this R/R continued to change my life, while I continue to live as fully as I can until I decide what to do when I grow up.

The good news: I started a new "official" ride this morning. What little I still own is again in storage. I've got exactly one bag of gear and one key. I'm sitting in a greasy hotel chair drinking Smirnoff and room-temperature Santa Cruz lemonade listening to Rob Dougan's "Furious Angels." I may smell like sweat-marinated dead bugs and my ligaments and bones reverberate with 9 hours of twin-cylinder propulsion, but I am happy.

A "Pacific NW with an Italian Supermodel" R/R thread will come shortly. Stay tuned....

And SF is still yet to come....

AntiHero screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 08:32 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote