View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,872
Friday-Dirt Ride
10 a.m. start
Dirt, rock, mud, steep hills. Small bikes with fresh tires.
We'll ride as little pavement as possible to reach the trails. Will make a gas & snack stop on the way. We'll be on the trails until about 4 p.m., so bring plenty of water & snacks.
(Will bypass last year's boulder-field climb, or descend through it instead.)

Saturday ~ Small Dual Sport Ride
(I'll lead on a Yamaha XT225)
10 a.m. start

This ride will be mostly very twisty paved backroads, 10-20% gravel, and a few washed out jeep trails to connect some spots. This will be a dream route for Motards, but we'll be keeping the speeds safe (and "mostly" legal). The route will wind somewhere between Camp Central ~ the Black Bear, Mtn. City & Banner Elk, & Beech Mtn., tying some of my favorite twisty spots together.
We will include a lunch stop and maybe a short coffee & pie stop. Bring the Go Pros & cameras, there will be some great views & plenty of riding action to shoot. Of course bigger bikes are welcome, but my "agenda" will be to make you wish you were on a smaller bike.

{ This is just a "rough draft" for the rides. I'll edit them as I iron out the details. If any of you guys want to come up and help plan the routes just shoot me a PM. } I will probably be posting a list of the roads that I have in mind, so you can try some of them if you happen to be in the area before or after this ride.

Also, Doe Mtn. OHV is open, so that will offer good riding for folks wanting check out a bit less extreme trail riding.

GlennR screwed with this post 05-05-2014 at 07:05 AM
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote