View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #38
SurfnnRide OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Day #20: Pine Valley to....

We were super tired last night so we didn't really look hard for a nice place so Best Western it was.

Got up early again the next morning as I was ready for some more fun roads and nice scenery. Mountains on my mind...

Start heading north on the 191 again and pretty quickly we turn right on the 189 North. Just hauling along southern Wyoming enjoying the views. Weather is right around the low 80's so things are pretty damn good right now

Wind is a bit rough along the way and we're doing the lean left move as we plow through the miles. I really didn't care at all though because it wasn't hot.

Get to our first break point at Jackson Hole Wyoming and decide to check out this place we've heard about called The Cowboy Saloon.

Fun place with tables and some unique bar stools. Ride em Cowgirl!

I made sure to be on good behavior here as I did not want to end up Bitch Creek without a paddle:

Met some crazy Aussies here that we're on their way to Sturgis too. They started off as a group of 6 that rented bikes in San Fran to ride to Sturgis.

Well after the first 400 miles they had many problems because they all drive on the left side of the road and some of their group was driving down off ramps on the freeway!

Not to mention one of the guys tells me he has ridden a motorcycle up and down a street ONE TIME before doing this trip.

They ended up ditching 3 of the people in their group because they were going to slow or driving down the wrong side of the road and told them to just meet up with them in Sturgis...

I don't know if they made it or not because we got their phone #'s and when were at Sturgis we tried to get in touch with them but no luck.

Hope they are alright!

Saw some nice views on the way to our destination:

And then we were there.... The Grand Tetons!

Got back on the road and banged our way to the Colter Bay Cabins and as usual we were too early so we strolled down to the lake and took some more pics... Pictures once again will never do this justice!

After an hour or two of relaxing by the lake we went back up and checked in and then went out to get some dinner....

Immediately something special caught my eye....

So of course I have to order them for the Mrs!

Called it a night and started to plan tomorrows adventure.

To be continued....

2014 Uganda to South Africa and Back! http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966306

SurfnnRide screwed with this post 09-14-2013 at 11:58 PM
SurfnnRide is offline   Reply With Quote