View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #65
sprouty115 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
OK, it's been awhile but I'm back at, this time with my son working with me. We've got the cylinders and heads mounted as well as the stator-side all back on.

Now we're working on the oil injection system. We rebuilt the pump but are a little confused as to how to connect the hoses to the carbs. There are two connection points on each carb (4 total) that are the right size for tubing and two connections to the autolube pump. I've searched and can find lots of info on proper adjustment, but I can't seem to find a clear connection diagram.

Some basic questions:
- Do all four fittings on the carbs get attached to the pump? I thought that only the fittings that are behind the slide got connected, but I'm not sure. Also if this were true, then I'd need some type of "Y" connector and I don't remember seeing one on other bikes.
- Does it matter which delivery port on the pump gets connected to on the carbs? In other words does the top port go to right carb and the lower port to the left (or vice versa)?

I've numbered the following photos, so if anybody can shed some light it would be much appreciated.

sprouty115 is online now   Reply With Quote