XSpearsX OP
Dakar Widow

Oddometer: 488
Kevin Muggleton

Working on our rider bios. 1st one is:

Rider: Kevin Muggleton
Bike: 2012 Honda CRF450X Rally
Support Team: Freedom Rally Racing

2014 will be Kevin's 2nd time attempting to conquer the trials of the Dakar. Sadly last year, Dakar took him out on Stage 2 breaking his back in multiple places. Dakar may of knocked him down, but it couldn't keep him there for long. He has been going through some intense training to get his body in one piece again and prepared to triumph this year. He says "If you don't push boundaries at my age, you might as well give up....Recover faster, train harder, pretty simple!"

At 47 years of age, Kevin Muggleton has lived a life of adventures. Or rather, has lived several lives in one. And for the American born in the UK, life needs to be a challenge. After spending time in the army and while working as a photographer and film maker for National Geographic, he traveled from Europe all the way to Cape Town on his bike, on the route of the African Dakar rallies. Time has now come for this Taekwondo black-belt who prepared specifically with an endurance coach to take on the big one: the Real Dakar, on a South American soil that almost doesn't have any secrets for him.

“Ever since I was eleven, I wanted to do the Dakar. I wanted to be a Dakar biker. I've ridden bikes all over the world. I left school to enter the army. I traveled around the world on foot, hitchhiking and in all kind of vehicles. I'm now more than excited. I'm happy but tell myself: ‘Oh my goodness…' If you don't push boundaries at my age, you might as well give up. I now want to make it to the top of the mountain, reach the finish. I'll take it minute by minute. I know that even if I'm stuck in the sand at 45°C, it won't last forever. There aren't many events with that camaraderie. Everyone goes through the same hardship. After going through such an experience, you make friends for life."

Pictures here ......

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8999566&type=1