View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #587
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer: 1,058
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
All coming to geather for winter project !!!

The candy from A-Vicous-Cycle Canada is in the shop, and I have the Schnitzracing 705cc big bore kit and stag #2 hot cams are on there way.

Next is the DJ cab kit, and a FMF pipe if the owner of MDR pipe can't fit me in.

Ha Ha. I couldn't wait for the snow to melt up here in Western Canada, and now I can't wait for it to come back.

Box one is Skid plate, crash bars, soft bag panners, wind screen, fork stuff, and a few other odds and ends.

Box two is jug and hot cams.

Box three will be jetting and pipe, seat, heated grips, bark-busters hand guards.

My winter project will be fun working on project Mad Cow Monster.
Bike $4500 B1 $1300. B2 $920, and B3 $700 = $7420 on a bike with only 4000 kms. Ha Ha. A new bike that will be new again.
From Don.
I'm excited to see how your bike turns out. I just ordered the 685 kit from Eagle Mike. He's a pretty cool cat! I'm prepping for a 20k+ mile trip next summer. I thought it was time to change to the 685 simply because I had to tear into the jug to re-tap and re-thread the two 6x85 bolts that hold down the chain guard for the cams. The bike is a 2008 KLR with almost 52K on it. I wanted to do the ride with the original piston, but oh well, I'm pretty excited for the 685. What trips do you have planned with the new 705 kit? Also where do you live? I live in Sitka, Alaska and I love the AK, Yukon and B.C. area. Some of my favorite places on earth and I'm lucky to have seen a large portion of it. But there is more out there to experience. Good luck with the upgrades, thats pretty sweet!!
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Nanuq is offline   Reply With Quote