View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #128
esblow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
No Longer Needed - Print Production Associate in the Bay Area

I work for a legal administration company in San Rafael, CA. Our three person Print Production Department has dwindled down to a one person department, me. HR has approved bringing on one person who would directly report to me and assist in the daily production and revision of our printed materials. This is not a visual design position. The applicant would need to have previous typesetting, prepress, printing skills and be able to work and communicate with our large print vendors on a professional level.

There are already a couple of us that are riders in the office, it be fun to have a third. Please PM me asap if interested. We are currently conducting interviews and I'm being pushed to fill the position asap.

Below is the pasted text from the posting HR placed on CL:

Print Production Associate (San Rafael)
Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the Print Production Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the formatting and proofing of documents for printing/mailing. The Associate provides expertise in the conversion of documents received from clients into print ready documents under stringent time constraints, interfacing closely with internal teams.

Major Responsibilities:
The Print Production Associate must be able to perform each of these functions consistently in a timely, accurate, and otherwise satisfactory and professional manner.
Responsible for designing various types of forms to meet client specifications
Generate accurate PDF proofs for client approval
Preflight and prepare incoming files for print production (offset and digital)
Clearly communicate file issues and recommend solutions
Understand and implement specifications for successful scanning and object character recognition techniques into form design elements.
Develop print add "tombstone" layouts ready for publication
Experience with Variable Data Printing (mail merge)
Collaborate with internal teams to recommend solutions, communicate progress, and evaluate results that ensure print project outcomes support project goals.
Responsible for version control and document management in a network environment.
Carefully execute document revisions required by team members.
Follow instructions carefully and timely.
Ensure all projects are produced on schedule and meet budget and quality standards.
Adhere to company goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures.
Job Requirements:
Skills and Knowledge:
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities a Document Formatter must possess and demonstrate. This is not a design position
Able to demonstrate proficiency in desktop publishing software with a strong emphasis on typography
Excellent working knowledge of the tools of the trade, i.e. print ready PDFs, and the software used in the graphic design, OCR technology
Working knowledge of class action administration as well as print production processes
Multiple, concurrent project planning, prioritization and management
Energetic and self-motivated
Strategic thought regarding design and best use of documents
Creative, organized, detail oriented, execution-driven professional
Clear and consistent communication skills with the ability to understand and follow instructions and obtain clarification where needed
Ability to be team player
Ability to work in a highly productive environment
Positive attitude
Regular and reliable attendance in accordance with established work schedule
Degrees/Certificates:
BA preferred
Job Experience:
Document formatting, typesetting, font management, and/or print production/prepress experience
Previous experience in Adobe (InDesign CS5 (Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2 a plus, but not required)) and Microsoft 2010 (Word, Publisher, Excel, Access)

2009 Kawasaki KLR650
1983 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia

esblow screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 03:42 PM
esblow is offline   Reply With Quote