No Longer Needed - Print Production Associate in the Bay Area
I work for a legal administration company in San Rafael, CA. Our three person Print Production Department has dwindled down to a one person department, me. HR has approved bringing on one person who would directly report to me and assist in the daily production and revision of our printed materials. This is not a visual design position. The applicant would need to have previous typesetting, prepress, printing skills and be able to work and communicate with our large print vendors on a professional level.
There are already a couple of us that are riders in the office, it be fun to have a third. Please PM me asap if interested. We are currently conducting interviews and I'm being pushed to fill the position asap.
Below is the pasted text from the posting HR placed on CL:
Print Production Associate (San Rafael)
Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the Print Production Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the formatting and proofing of documents for printing/mailing. The Associate provides expertise in the conversion of documents received from clients into print ready documents under stringent time constraints, interfacing closely with internal teams.
The Print Production Associate must be able to perform each of these functions consistently in a timely, accurate, and otherwise satisfactory and professional manner.
• Responsible for designing various types of forms to meet client specifications
• Generate accurate PDF proofs for client approval
• Preflight and prepare incoming files for print production (offset and digital)
• Clearly communicate file issues and recommend solutions
• Understand and implement specifications for successful scanning and object character recognition techniques into form design elements.
• Develop print add "tombstone" layouts ready for publication
• Experience with Variable Data Printing (mail merge)
• Collaborate with internal teams to recommend solutions, communicate progress, and evaluate results that ensure print project outcomes support project goals.
• Responsible for version control and document management in a network environment.
• Carefully execute document revisions required by team members.
• Follow instructions carefully and timely.
• Ensure all projects are produced on schedule and meet budget and quality standards.
• Adhere to company goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures.
Skills and Knowledge:
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities a Document Formatter must possess and demonstrate. This is not a design position
• Able to demonstrate proficiency in desktop publishing software with a strong emphasis on typography
• Excellent working knowledge of the tools of the trade, i.e. print ready PDFs, and the software used in the graphic design, OCR technology
• Working knowledge of class action administration as well as print production processes
• Multiple, concurrent project planning, prioritization and management
• Energetic and self-motivated
• Strategic thought regarding design and best use of documents
• Creative, organized, detail oriented, execution-driven professional
• Clear and consistent communication skills with the ability to understand and follow instructions and obtain clarification where needed
• Ability to be team player
• Ability to work in a highly productive environment
• Positive attitude
• Regular and reliable attendance in accordance with established work schedule
Document formatting, typesetting, font management, and/or print production/prepress experience
Previous experience in Adobe (InDesign CS5 (Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2 a plus, but not required)) and Microsoft 2010 (Word, Publisher, Excel, Access)
esblow screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 03:42 PM