So here it is in it's current state.You'll notice the carbs are back off and the autolube assembly is stalled again.
After a few minutes of rational thought we decided that investing all this time an money without rebuilding the carbs was a stupid idea. So they're now disassembled and awaiting the kit from Economy Cycle.
The right-side carb was very clean inside and appears to have stock jetting.
The left-side carb unfortunately has some unexpected corrosion. It doesn't appear to be anything that would cause a fuel/air issue but I'll have to see how the bike runs to decide if I need to do anything. You'll also notice that there is a brass tube that comes out of the carb body that is not present in the right-side carb. This concerned me for a minute until we realized it's part of the choke circuit and doesn't appear to be required on the other carb.
As for the autolube pump, well, it seems that the new hose has a different o.d. than the original so the rubber fitting that holds the lines as the exit the case won't fit over them. Now trying to decide whether to buy new oil line or fab a new holder.
And finally one of my son after finding 3 of the 4 bolts frozen into the bottom of the seat pan - that's life with a 40yo motorcycle...