View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 07:16 AM   #184
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Dirt Bagz Mounting Details

Heres some details of how I made the Honda brackets work on my 610 to mount my Dirt Bagz. Dirt Bagz sent me a set of mounts for an XR650L and I modified them.

Here is the right bracket finished and mounted. I bolted it to the "inner" side of the subframe after re-drilling the hole just about 3/8" higher. The front mount had to be extended about 3 inches. I fabricated some metal, welded her up with my wire welder.

Here is the left bracket completed and mounted. I mounted the top to the "outer" side of the subframe which required I drill a 3/4" hole in the left side cover--no biggy. I added some tubing to this bracket so as to make sure the bagz stayed off the muffler. Just as I had to on the right bracket---I had to extend the frame work about 3" to mount to the lower subframe bolt. Note I removed all traces of the rear footpegs and mounts.

Here is a shot under the fender so you can see I mounted the right one to the inner side of the subframe and the left one to the outer side.

And a rear shot after all is done. I may just simply push (bend) the brackets in a little to narrow things up a little more--but I am very happy with my installation.

I've put quite a few miles on it now and just about have the rear tire wore out. Notice I narrowed up the rear turn signals by removing that spacer block on the turn signal stems. My left turn signal shows no sign of melting but I think I will attach a small piece of metal to the muffler to make sure this isn't a problem.

sTE610vE-------thanks for the photo of the touratech enduro 2 tailbag--I think I just may have to have one.

I have got it now where I can adventure tour for days very easily if I motel it. I don't carry any street clothes at all as I spend all waking hours riding till its time to sleep----this cuts down on the bulk tremendously----the only clothes I carry are riding gear---layering up or down for different temperatures. I don't need extra shoes as I'll be riding all day---my moto boots will be fine for what very little walking I will be doing. But I really think I can squeeze my lightweight campng gear on here too.
2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 01-18-2006 at 11:30 AM
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote