View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 06:16 AM   #184
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,646
Dirt Bagz Mounting Details

Heres some details of how I made the Honda brackets work on my 610 to mount my Dirt Bagz. Dirt Bagz sent me a set of mounts for an XR650L and I modified them.

Here is the right bracket finished and mounted. I bolted it to the "inner" side of the subframe after re-drilling the hole just about 3/8" higher. The front mount had to be extended about 3 inches. I fabricated some metal, welded her up with my wire welder.

Here is the left bracket completed and mounted. I mounted the top to the "outer" side of the subframe which required I drill a 3/4" hole in the left side cover--no biggy. I added some tubing to this bracket so as to make sure the bagz stayed off the muffler. Just as I had to on the right bracket---I had to extend the frame work about 3" to mount to the lower subframe bolt. Note I removed all traces of the rear footpegs and mounts.

Here is a shot under the fender so you can see I mounted the right one to the inner side of the subframe and the left one to the outer side.

And a rear shot after all is done. I may just simply push (bend) the brackets in a little to narrow things up a little more--but I am very happy with my installation.

I've put quite a few miles on it now and just about have the rear tire wore out. Notice I narrowed up the rear turn signals by removing that spacer block on the turn signal stems. My left turn signal shows no sign of melting but I think I will attach a small piece of metal to the muffler to make sure this isn't a problem.

sTE610vE-------thanks for the photo of the touratech enduro 2 tailbag--I think I just may have to have one.

I have got it now where I can adventure tour for days very easily if I motel it. I don't carry any street clothes at all as I spend all waking hours riding till its time to sleep----this cuts down on the bulk tremendously----the only clothes I carry are riding gear---layering up or down for different temperatures. I don't need extra shoes as I'll be riding all day---my moto boots will be fine for what very little walking I will be doing. But I really think I can squeeze my lightweight campng gear on here too.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 01-18-2006 at 10:30 AM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote