View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacoast-Rob View Post
It's a Triumph. Plenty of information/posts on these forums about this bike.

I did not have the pillion done. Didn't see the need for the extra expense. My wife doesn't ride with me so the only thing the pillion seat ever carries is camping gear. And that stuff doesn't care about comfort, thankfully
Just in case you ever get another seat done and for informational purposes for people getting seats done through this group buy, a solo build includes the re-covering of your passenger pillion seat to match the front seat on a two seat set-up. There's no additional charge for them to re-cover the pillion to match on the solo build.

There is only an additional charge for the pillion when you do the dual build. In that case the pillion is totally rebuilt custom for the passenger like they do for the driver's seat.

Rob... You might want to reach out to them if you are at all interested and tell them you didn't know this. They might let you send the pillion in to re-cover it in basket weave for just the cost of shipping. You never know...

I think it looks just fine as you have it. I was just curious as to why the pillion wasn't covered to match. See the picture if my FJR on the first page. I didn't pay any extra to have the pillion re-covered in basket weave. I did however have to pay extra to have the backrest re-covered to match.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 11:07 AM
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote